I am offering City Tours in the center of San Cristóbal de las Casas and hikes in the surrounding mountainside. It is meant to be a different City Tour, where we don't just look at the monuments and churches, but rather try and understand the ecological, ethnological and social history of Chiapas and of San Cristóbal. Of course that is connected to Mexico, Mesoamerica, North America and even world politics.
The tours can be done in English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Português, 中文 (Chinese). Contact: Kjell 044-967-1053425, kjell @ hospitalityclub.org
Cathedral – Andador – Santo Domingo – Market (fotos) – Cerrillo Quarter – Guadalupe Church – Tierradentro Café – Parque Central. (2:00 h)
Peje de Oro
Cathedral – Market – Cerrillo Quarter – Cuxtitali Quarter – Peje de Oro Valley – Caves – City Center. (3:30 h)
Cathedral – Market – Moxviquil Natural Reserve – La Hormiga Settlement – Museum of Maya Medicine (optional) – City Center. (4 h)
Cathedral – Mountain Zoo – View over San Cristóbal – Santa Anita Sacred Site – Cemetery (optional) – City Center. (5 h)
- San Cristóbal de las Casas - mountain gem in the Southeast. The Aztec Sunrise, Year 1, Number 2, pages 40-46.
- Wikitravel page for San Cristóbal
- You can read a bit about the history and current processes of Chiapas and Mexico in my mailinglist.
- If you would like to go hiking further into touristically unexplored territory or want to visit other places in Chiapas and need a guide, don't feel shy to ask! I am also into birdwatching, have contacts with the Lacandones etc.
- Sancris TV, San Cristóbal's new internet TV channel.